My World

Author: Billy Lau // Category:

My World


Table of Contents:
Eyes
Black ops
Otis
Saturday Mornings

Eyes
Everybody has different pairs of eyes in my family. My mom’s eyes are sharp and brown. They are like an eagle’s eye, with keen eyesight but fast and always moving. My mom always catch me do everything with her slick eyes. They dart up and down and side to side, never missing the sight of a single air molecule. My mom’s eyes are one of a kind.
My brother’s eyes are always changing to the different moods and emotions he has. Sometimes you can see him smile with his round brown eyes, and other times you can see him boil with anger.  There is no changing his eyes, only he can change the way his eyes are based on his attitude.
My eyes are unique and special. They are the biggest pair in the family. Sometimes, I can keep a straight gaze at something for a long period of time. However, I can never have eye contact with anyone, because my eyes are super hyper and wants something else to stare at. My eyes also have a playful side in them, especially when they lock on to a stack of cash or a pile of food. I like to watch for anything interesting or search for anything that is fun to stare at with my eyes.

Black Ops
            Let’s do this thang, I yelled. Alrite, my brother replies, Imma get ten kills. Naw, I replied, I can get 16, highest I got was about thirty. What are you going to use? I asked. Famas with extended magazines, my brother replies. That sucks, I yelled, Spas 12 with suppressor all the way. Then the match finally starts.
            Throughout the whole game, my brother and I yell and groan when dying or getting a kill. I look over my shoulder and I see my brother furious jabbing his controller and tilting right and left like he is in a restaurant making food while there is a long line waiting outside. Sometimes after dying, my brother would run to the bathroom and frantically scram back in the living room like there was fire in the house. I, on the other hand, when playing Black Ops, remain calm. I camp throughout most of the game, and only run if I see an open lane. I watch my brother as he takes chances and dives straight for the other team’s flag without looking around to see if there are any enemies. In the middle of the game, I always boast, because of my ranking compared to him. I was always the better Xbox player.
I never really felt so competitive with my brother in anything besides Black Ops or grades. He usually beats me in the category of grades, but I beat him in Xbox. We do things different in this house. Other brothers usually bond by playing sports or doing something lame like that, but not us, we get competitive with our Black Ops game and play to our heart’s content.


Otis
            The air smelled nicer today. The sun shined brighter. The trees looked friendlier, and overall the whole day just felt better than the other days. It was not because there was no school, but because everything just seemed so right today. I wanted to do something today, because I had all afternoon. I wanted to do something I rarely did; something my parents have been nagging me to do for years. It was to go outside and exercise. It did not seem so exciting at first, but who cares, I felt like exercising was meant to happen today.
            I dragged my brother along as always. We brought a basketball and some tennis rackets with some tennis balls to Otis, our elementary school. When we got there, the basketball seemed lazy and flat, so we did not play with it. We played tennis and all of a sudden an epiphany went in my head. I could become a tennis star. When I smacked the ball it went as fast as a nerd trying to finish their homework. My accuracy was dead-on bulls eye, and my strength could send the tennis ball to circle around Earth twice! I was star struck at my skills from my new hobby.
            This completely amazing day became even more amazing when I had that amazing dream of becoming a tennis player. That day could have been the best day of my life, if only my report card was sent to the wrong house. My parents sent me to my room immediately without letting me explain why there was a C in my English grade. That report card was like a bomb, arriving at my house and exploding my dream into little pieces. From then on, I never stepped out of the house to play tennis, because I fear of another bomb arriving and destroying my high hopes of becoming a tennis star.

Saturday Mornings
Only on Saturday mornings, do I wake up early with my brother. Otherwise, I would not get out of my bed until my dad drags me out. Ii was the same for every Saturday morning. I wake up, brush my teeth, wipe my face, eat breakfast, then I would turn on the TV and watch cartoons. The cartoons would last until 12:00 and my whole morning would be over just like that.
My brother and I would fight between which couch to sit on. There are two couches in the living room: a soft black one and a leather brown one. The soft black couch would always get fought over between my brother and me. He would always win, but if I kept trying to take it from him he would just shut the TV off and not let me watch anymore. Some of my favorite shows are Xiaolin Showdown and The Replaceables. These two were the main shows we would be looking for throughout the whole morning.
For every Saturday it would be the same. Today, I miss these Saturday mornings. Ever since, I started attending middle school, Saturday mornings changed. Now it is homework instead of Xiaolin Showdown or fighting with my brother over which couch to sit in.

1 Response to "My World"

Sam Everett Says :
March 31, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I responded to this
http://awesomewritingblog1.blogspot.com/2011/03/vignette-response.html

Post a Comment