Bonds:The Kite Ruunner

Author: Billy Lau // Category:
     In the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, Baba and Amir's relationship are very far apart. They were father and son and not master to servant. They should be closer, and they do bond later on in the book. I think it is sad how Hassan and Amir's relationship with one another is stronger than Amir to his dad. Unfortunately, over time the bong between the servant and his master gets split apart.
     Hassan and Amir are very close buddies. They read stories for each other and talk about movies. Hassan's only friend is Amir and Amir means alot to Hassan. In this quote Amir and Hassan bond together
"...I read him stories he couldn't read for himself... We sat for hours under that tree."
Amir to Hasaan is like a toy. People and things can take it away from you, but you should always cherish the time you spend every second with it.
     Amir's dad could never look at his son and be proud at least not before the kite tournament. His dad was so different from him. Baba was athletic but Amir likes sitting around and reading. Baba said he wouldn't have known Amir was his son if he did not see with his own eyes Amir getting pulled out of his mother's womb because they were so different.
"If I hadn't seen the doctor pull him out of my wife with my own eyes, I'd never believe he's my son."
This is significant because as the story goes on I think there relationship together will change.

0 Responses to "Bonds:The Kite Ruunner"

Post a Comment